I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Credit Risk Assurance Assistant Manager- Leeds
Service Line: Audit
Head of Service Integration and Management
Service Line: ITS
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Power & Utilities - Corporate Finance Management
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Technical model development documentation review
2) Technical model validation documentation review
3) Assessment of model performance
4) Independent replication of any of the above
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of audit entities end to end credit risk process and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Credit risk governance reviews
2) Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
3) Individual credit file reviews
4) Substantive testing of any of the above
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9, CECL and regulatory credit risk models
Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
Part of our technology organisation, this is a delivery-focused role, we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated SIAM Delivery Lead with service delivery management experience in a multi-supplier environment. The SIAM Delivery Lead is a multifaceted leadership role in a multi-supplier ecosystem supporting the implementation and management of the SIAM organisation, processes, and policies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of functional leads through the implementation, maintenance and delivery of the Multisource Integration (MSI) and ITSM Service Operations.
- Lead and develop the service integration and management (SIAM) capability within our technology organisation to deliver a model to manage our supply chain and a coherent and high-quality business experience.
- Design and implementation of an overall Service Integration and Management strategy in conjunction with other Technology leaders.
- Foster strong and enduring relationships across technology to support leaders and teams as they adopt and operate the model day to day.
- Be an energetic advocate for collaboration across teams to realise improvements in service, efficiency, quality and value with partners across our supply chain and the services delivered to our business.
- Understand the KPMG business and the impact of the ecosystem on its ability to succeed
- Support the organisational change initiatives required to transition the customers operations to the commercial-based SIAM ecosystem model
- Manage the transition and design of the SIAM organisation to an operational state, including any required staffing, processes, and strategic direction
- Oversee the SIAM functions including ecosystem governance, customer engagement, service transition, and performance management
- Optimise the overall operation of the ecosystem services, managed service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
- Engage with the KPMG business at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided the ecosystem
- Collaborate with other ecosystem support functions such as Situational Awareness as a Service, Operations to manage the cross-functional processes required for seamless service delivery
- Directly support the Program Manager to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
- Be ultimately accountable for the performance of all UK and any off-shore resources, whether in a direct or in-direct reporting line
- Ensure all teams are compliant with performance management frameworks, information security standards, training requirements, risk, ethics, and behaviour and diversity guidelines
- Goal setting oversight to ensure high standards of SMART objectives
- Ensure adequate career guidance / counselling is in place to support teams
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for end to end performance management of all suppliers acting as the supplier manager and internal service providers under the remit of SIAM with operational management as per the SLA’s and OLA’s respectively
- Develop a deep understanding of KPMG’s strategy, competitive advantage, operating businesses and ways of working
- Understand the key financial drivers and dynamics driving business growth and our business goals
- Develop and maintain strong and supportive relationships with internal stakeholders across Solutions and Delivery.
Manage the design of and transition to the new SIAM organisation
- Responsible for the design, implement and maintain of SIAM policies, processes and procedures
- Facilitating regular Service reviews with all suppliers to maintain a healthy, mutually supportive working relationship between KPMG and all suppliers
- Managing the payment of service credits in line with contractual terms and conditions in response to poor performance of contractual breaches etc.
- Design the ITSM tooling strategy including master data management and workflows.
- Defines, documents, maintains and communicates clear/unambiguous roles and responsibilities for the services and involved internal and external parties
- Oversee multisource functions such as supplier portfolio governance, the voice of the supplier surveys and activities and service transition processes.
- Lead the Service Integration & Management (SIAM) Team to deliver successful business outcomes while generating a strong team culture that promotes collaboration, innovation and a customer-centric approach.
- Must have extensive Service Delivery Management experience
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Candidate must be pro-active and a team player, but capable of working effectively independently or with limited support.
- Experience in working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strategy & roadmap creation and promotion
- Must be able to operate in a rapidly changing, very complex and technical environment.
- AWS and Azure exposure would be advantageous.
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Investment Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UK. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of our Investment Management clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff including promoting audit quality
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Investment Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year (Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and globally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic and regulatory analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is the largest business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for large clients in the sector, including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of the largest utilities in Europe and beyond. We provide in-depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance and corporate financial management, regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, cost assessment and benchmarking as well as other drivers affecting value. Our work combines elements of policy, finance, strategy and economics to assist our clients in structuring investments, securing financing, supporting regulatory regimes and maximising shareholder value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as market leaders influencing the future of the utilities sector.
Our business is continuously expanding and we are looking for high quality candidates to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on financial analysis, including financeability assessments, risk and scenario analysis, financial modelling, investment appraisal & valuation and assessment of required rates of return. This is to support the development of new service lines, particularly in corporate financial management, building on the work already undertaken in the Group.
- Building relationships with clients and other advisors
- Supporting coverage of clients and our reputation as a leading advisor in the utilities sector
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and their financial implications
- Being involved in business development to identify new opportunities
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches
- Managing delivery of several small and medium size engagements on a day to day basis
- Ensuring quality of economic and financial analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Taking responsibility for the quality of deliverables produced for clients
- Providing effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to
- Recognising and addressing potential risks
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
- Have several years of experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, as a regulatory, policy maker or as a consultant specialising in these sectors
- Have a detailed knowledge of the current UK regulatory regimes and regulatory mechanics for utilities as well as their application
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates
- Be skilled in financial analysis, with a detailed working knowledge and experience of financial modelling and financeability analysis, ideally applied in the utilities sectors
- Have a sound knowledge of finances and financial structures of regulated utilities
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application
- Propose compelling and well-thought out solutions to complex economic, statistical and/or financial problems, being able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Bring excellent report writing, quantitative analysis (Stata or equivalent), Excel and Powerpoint skills as well as familiarity with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases
- Be comfortable and experienced in an external facing role and in presenting to clients
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of innovative thinking in the sector
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG
- Have experience of managing small teams; be a proven team player who can demonstrate a clear desire to manage teams, who can gain the trust and support of internal colleagues
- Demonstrable credentials of leading the delivery activities on major consulting projects
- Be highly motivated and ambitious, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers
- Language skills and experience in other markets and jurisdictions are a bonus
- At least 3 A levels or equivalent; Undergraduate or higher Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar (candidates with other degrees will be considered depending on their experience)
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.