I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Transformation"
Manager - Infratech - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager - Employer Covenance - Restructuring
Service Line: Restructuring
Restructuring Insolvency Assistant Manager
Service Line: Restructuring
ESG/Sustainability Senior Assurance Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets has never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset Management and Data Analytics.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
- Support the IAG Infratech Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Manage teams to deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Develop partnerships with third party providers to develop an ecosystem of solutions for client issues
Leadership & Management:
- Engagement Management of project teams (typically 2-3 people) to deliver small-medium client engagements.
- Management of quality and risk on engagements to meet KPMG standards.
- Financial management of engagements including budgeting, reporting and invoicing processes.
- Performance Management and mentoring of IAG junior employees (typically 1-2 reports).
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Client facing role for both business development and delivery, including stakeholder management and workshop facilitation.
- Liaise with technical teams on the client side to support productionising of proof of concepts.
- Change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- The role can potentially have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG.
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
- The role has financial responsibilities through Engagement Management.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology in an infrastructure or asset-intensive organisation
- Broad understanding and interest in multiple infrastructure industry sectors
- Deep knowledge of at least one industry within construction, transport, power, utilities and defence.
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within a disruptive sector, such as a technology startup
- Experience in managing consultancy or client facing assignments
- Experience working on complex change programmes
- Experience building business cases for funding
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Knowledge of asset management
- Understanding of broader Asset Management good practice (ISO 55001 and IAM/GFMAM 39 subjects)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and their use in scaling solutions
- Excellent facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders and balance time across these appropriately
The KPMG Restructuring practice advises a wide range of businesses that find it increasingly difficult to manage their cost base and meet their financial obligations, including in respect of their pension schemes. Following a number of high profile failures, the management of pension scheme obligations has become a primary concern for all stakeholders (government, corporates and trustees) and, as a result, we have seen a material increase in demand for our advice in this area. Our team is targeting further significant growth over the next few years, leveraging our market leading credentials in this area.
During 2019, our Restructuring team advised on several high profile insolvencies, including a number of retail CVAs, where addressing the business’s pension obligations was a key concern. Over the course of 2019 we provided pensions specific Restructuring advice on corporate transactions with a total value in excess of £5 billion, across a wide range of sectors (Oil & Gas, Defence, Retail, Manufacturing), with clients ranging from Financials Investors and Global Listed Groups through to family owned businesses.
Due to the volatility in pension asset values and the UK population living for longer, pension funding requirements have grown materially in recent years. Further, following several high profile corporate failures, the regulations regarding the funding of pension schemes has become increasingly stringent. As a result, dealing with pensions stakeholders is now seen as a key boardroom issue, and our Restructuring pensions expertise means we liaise with our clients at a boardroom level – often directly with the CEO and / or CFO.
Due to the rapid growth in demand for these services, we are looking for a Manager to join our expanding National team, with this role based in London. Further, it is our expectation that there will be the opportunity for the right candidate to progress over time to an Associate Director grade.
The London Restructuring team comprises over 250 people, led by 24 partners and four associate partners. This specific role would see the successful candidate joining the National Markets London team (approx. 60 people, four partners and one associate partner), with a particular focus on assessing the financial strength of the companies that are responsible for funding defined benefit pension schemes and assessing how much these companies can afford to pay to their schemes to meet their funding requirements.
Our work is hands on – as well as producing concise reports, we are in the boardroom providing direct strategic and negotiation support, and then implementing our recommendations. Applicants should be ready to work in a dynamic, flexible and fast paced environment. The role requires strong accounting analysis, report writing skills and a commercial mind-set.
We work with a wide variety of clients, from small privately owned enterprises through to FTSE 100 and high profile businesses. Applicants should expect to work across all sectors.
Further, this role would also be ideal for candidates looking to work flexibly – we would be more than happy to accommodate a 4 day working week, or working reduced hours across a 5 day working week.
Roles and Responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within the Employer Covenant team, and in this role specifically, you will undertake the following:
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and other key stakeholders during engagements (including trustees, solicitors and actuaries);
• Manage teams of colleagues working on engagements, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple work stream delivery;
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices;
• Appraise situations (which can be challenging & fast developing) and look to develop innovative solutions, assessing options for businesses and/or stakeholders;
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances;
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input;
• Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback;
• Identify opportunities for the wider firm; and
• Involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work.
Qualifications and Skills
Key skills and competencies required:
• Strong commercial and business acumen, with evidence of experience;
• Demonstrable experience in leading work streams, advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders;
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’;
• Desire to build wide advisory expertise and develop knowledge of the team’s offerings;
• Ability to communicate well with operational and financial staff at all levels;
• Good time management and organisational skills, together with the ability to prioritise tasks;
• An ability to produce high quality, detailed and accurate work, and produce concise and creative reports and presentations;
• Enjoy working in a dynamic, flexible and fast paced project environment;
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors;
• Willingness to undertake some travel, albeit this is typically limited to day trips; and
• Strong financial and analytical skills, with relevant accountancy qualification.
Experience and Background
Prior experience of undertaking pensions related work is not essential. Up front training and continuous coaching will be provided.
KPMG North Restructuring team are looking for an Assistant Manager to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team. The role is available in Leeds, with opportunities typically located within the North region. Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Work alongside case managers and engagement leaders to provide support on the restructuring or insolvency assignments.
Rapid progression to a project management role, taking ownership of the key aspects of cases or managing discreet aspects of larger assignments.
Support the case manager’s production of reports/output on advisory/restructuring projects and all aspects of an insolvency assignment (typically involving trading, liaising with creditors and key stakeholders and sale of business)
Participating in marketing events, together with research and targeting of new client opportunities and development of client proposals. This will include the development of internal and external contacts.
Key skills and competencies required:
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or background in the Restructuring profession.
• Insolvency experience would be beneficial, but not essential given the wide range of work now undertaken by the team.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’.
• Some corporate advisory experience would be beneficial (either advising to businesses or through other work undertaken in / with corporates).
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
Service Line Information
In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
• Insolvency - both execution and advisory
• Exit planning and implementation
• Cash management - both crisis and strategic
• Lender advisory
• Corporate financial restructuring
• Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
• Impaired loan advisory services
• Chief restructuring officers
• Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Summaryof role purpose
Tosupport our growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’)and non-financial information assurance business across Audit we have afantastic opportunity for a senior manager to join our team and assist inproviding large corporate companies in different sectors, including those fromthe FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics. These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG)emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains,health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investingand other non-financial information. They will be responsible for managing theseassurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. And they will also have the opportunity toprovide ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
Descriptionof the role
You will workwith directors and partners to lead sustainability/ESG assurance and reportingadvice on specific clients. You willtake responsibility for all aspects of the end to end engagement process,including: working to agree timetables, agreeing fees, overseeing the scope ofwork and deliverables, the quality of the testing and assurance fieldwork,preparing the final reporting and being responsible for coaching the team.
Leadership and Management
•Complete the second review of the documentation on the assurance file in linewith KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
•Manage engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410or equivalent.
• Review final client reporting for final review bythe director/partner.
• Coach manager and oversee work performed by the rest of theteam.
Stakeholder Interaction and Challenges
• Juggle multiple sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Oversee engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Own and strengthen client relationships.
Impact, Risk,Accountability and Governance
• Take responsibility for supporting the director/partnerin identifying and pursuing new assurance opportunities. Build your own business network, bothinternally and externally
• Identifying,researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Be responsible for engagement finances and budgeting
• Develop and improve the standardised Assurance workprogrammes
The ideal candidate will meet the followingcriteria:
• Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
• Experience (minimum 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering and managing sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410
• Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experienced in review and development of audit/Assurance working papers.
• A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree
Expertise/ technical rolerequirements
• Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
• Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
• An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Self-driven and resilient.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail .