I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Transformation"
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Service Line: Financial Management
Manager - Restructuring - Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Audit Manager - Reading
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Transport Economics and Regulation - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Service Line: Audit
Coupa Procurement Senior Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most Procurement transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful Procurement technology programme involves some ground-breaking activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consulting practice, we’re working with Financial Services clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding procurement technologists to join us, grow with us, and develop our Procurement Technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement Cloud Technology transformation. Part of a developing team in Financial Services that will become our ‘go to’ for Procurement Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build our technology delivery team and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping Financial Services clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to encourage confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Procurement Technology solutions including but not limited to Coupa, Ivalua, Basware and/or SAP Ariba.
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a proven track record of selling, procurement technology projects. In particular we are looking for individuals who have led procurement technology strategy programmes, software selection projects and Source-to-Pay implementations.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of Procurement Cloud implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, practice leadership and client delivery. The role reports into the Director of Powered Procurement.
• Understand demand, identify and unlock client opportunities for Powered Procurement in Financial Services by providing the technology expertise to build compelling market propositions
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market
• The ability to build strong relationships at senior levels (c-suite), and a strong existing network
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
• Sales and Business Development
• Leadership and relationship building
• A Technology professional with a proven track record of successful delivery of technology solutions in a consulting environment
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of partners in the organisation
• Excellent People Leadership
• Strong network in Financial Services Procurement
• Drive and resilience
• Presentation skills
• A track record of client delivery, innovation and procurement transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis
UK based. Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time (UK, Europe and internationally), so will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by eight partners and 12 directors. We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors, there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit Managers to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders on engagements (including divisional and functional management at corporates, lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders/investors).
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong analysis (including financial modelling and scenario analysis) and report writing skills.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• An existing professional network of client relationships across corporates, lenders, private equity and/or other stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in managing client work, ideally with a focus based on stakeholder advisory, turnaround, transformation or IBR assignments.
• Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work of junior team members and build report with key client stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
• Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
As one of the UK firm's largest regional teams, KPMG's Reading office employs more than 400 professionals who work with companies across the Thames Valley. Our office is located conveniently just off junction 12 of the M4 and offers parking for staff. It is also a short walk from Theale train station.
KPMG Reading has a strong reputation for supporting Thames Valley’s thriving information technology and communications businesses. We also have a large pensions’ advisory capability and one of the largest expatriate advisory practices outside London.
By combining deep sector knowledge with innovative technology, we bring fresh thinking and practical approaches. Our specialist teams in audit, tax and advisory work together to help our clients achieve their goals, including growth strategy, people strategy, cyber security, digital transformation and technology solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit an Audit Manager who will be based in the Reading office.
This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent experience as Manager in an external audit capacity, working with large, mixed sector corporate clients.
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
- Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Opening date: 24th July 2020
Closing date: 22nd August 2020
Salary: Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent strategic advisors in the infrastructure sector. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). In the UK, the group consists of over 150 professionals, with locations in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh and is organised as a single national team.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, economic, financial and commercial issues driving infrastructure projects spanning the transport, power and utilities and social infrastructure sectors in the UK and internationally.
IAG’s Transport business provides market-leading advice to public and private sector clients including Department for Transport, Network Rail, Transport for London, Owning Groups, Train Operating Companies, Major Airports, High Speed 2, Highways England, Rail Delivery Group, as well as major city region authorities and local authorities.
Over the last decade we have undertaken key roles on high profile multi-billion pound projects and programmes across the UK, these include Crossrail 2, High Speed 2, Mersey Gateway, Northern Line extension and East West Rail. KPMG has long been a pre-eminent adviser in the rail franchising sector. Most recently, we have advised successful bidders on the East Midlands, West Midlands, South Western, East Anglia and TransPennine franchises. Our role in these competitions spans finance, strategy, commercial and delivery plans. We are currently supporting Network Rail design and implement its Putting Passengers First transformation programme.
IAG’s Transport Economics and Regulation team
Within IAG, the Transport Economics and Regulation team works with transport sector clients to develop commercial strategies, produce business plans, value economic impacts, and achieve better outcomes from regulatory policy and regulatory strategy.
Key service lines include:
― Pricing for transport services.
― Efficiency of capital investment.
― Efficiency of transport operations (benchmarking performance and operating costs).
― Economic regulation of transport infrastructure and services.
In response to the increasing demand for advice to support policy, regulation and investment decisions across the transport sector, we are looking for a high calibre, ambitious economist to join the team and play an integral role in the continued development of our business.
Key activities include:
― Undertaking a broad range of economic analysis including:
– Economic analysis
– Cost and performance benchmarking
– Pricing and incentives
– Economic and regulatory impact assessments.
― Writing technical and non-technical reports.
― Business development activities including writing proposals, and seeking out opportunities for new business.
― Developing and maintaining client relationships.
― Working with and managing colleagues.
― General project management and administrative activities.
Responsibility for delivering engagements in collaboration with senior colleagues. This will involve being able to scope work, develop project plans, deliver outputs and present to internal and external stakeholders
We encourage and expect all of our team to play an active role in engaging with clients and internal stakeholders. This includes building relationships, working closely on projects and presenting our findings.
― Experience working for or with an economic regulator, regulated company, economic/financial consultancy or as a government economist.
― Excellent understanding of transport policy, economic regulation and commercial performance.
― Knowledge of airports, railways and local public transport operations.
― Strong technical skills in economic analysis
― Strong report writing skills
― Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing requirements.
― The ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting-edge of thinking in the sector.
― The ability to develop work which anticipates and can withstand third party scrutiny and challenge.
― Financial modelling
― Econometric analysis
The Accounting Consultation team provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting issues.
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into investment and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most technical accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit practice.
- Provide high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG UK’s national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus on financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior to issuance
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and transaction services.
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant managers who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and under guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking audit clients.
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting policy and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions to the audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities including global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller private banks. Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within the team.
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial institutions.
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or financial reporting.
Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102 sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the banking industry.
- Excellent written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting project delivery;
- Ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise. KPMG are growing their S&D - Powered Apps team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
Our Supply Chain Operations team of approximately 90 consultants are seeking experienced consultants and industry professionals to grow and develop our capability. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients’ commercial problems.
Within the Private Sector we work with many blue chip companies, including a number of FTSE 100 Clients and many regional based Clients, delivering improvements in their Supply Chain capability and how it aligns to the wider business, which is integral to their overall profitability.
Within the Public Sector we work with clients across Government, Defence, Police, NHS and Higher Education. We help them to meet challenging Government targets to deliver frontline services more effectively.
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record of delivering procurement technology projects in the context of a broader procurement transformation. These individuals should have experience with one or more of the major providers; Coupa, Ivalua, Ariba, Basware or Oracle Fusion.
• Project management, with a proven ability to work as Engagement Manager on sold projects
• Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
• Mentor and coach other members of the team.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Project management and delivery.
• People management
• Leadership and relationship building.
• Sales experience.
• Communication (written and oral).
• Drive and resilience.
• Facilitation and conflict resolution.
• Commercial acumen.
• Competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis.
• Experience of working on multiple, large, complex, transformational technology projects.
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions.
• Significant procurement experience with a strong understanding of procurement and supply chain processes.
• The ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market.