I'm looking for
Search results for "IT Services (ITS)"
IT Audit Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Analyst - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
IT Sourcing Consultant
Service Line: MC Technology
IT Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
The Financial Services team is an integral part of our rapidly growing National Markets Audit practice. Whilst the team sits within our Audit practice, we work closely with a multi-disciplinary Consulting practice to deliver a comprehensive range of services that our clients demand. Our IRM specialists deliver four key proposition to our clients:
The use of technology in the External Audit.
Assurance of technology through Internal Audit.
Attestation over the use of technology at third parties.
Advice on the management of technology risk.
Our core client base is predominantly within financial services and large corporates, but we are increasingly finding that our specialist skills are needed by firms in other industries like Health and Public Sector. Through one of our key propositions External Audit, we evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of technology controls and assess how they may present a risk of financial misstatement. We work closely with specialist financial auditors, working as one team to deliver this type of work.
Our clients need to deal effectively with their operational risks, to achieve maximum value from their technology, data and processes and our IRM specialists provide independent, jargon-free advice to help them achieve this potential. We also work closely with Consulting teams, for example cyber security specialists, digital experts and technology strategists to ensure our clients receive the best possible advice.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
A successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Further fee generation.
• Building, managing and deepening relationships across a number of clients.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining relationships with colleagues across other teams within KPMG.
• Service line development, for example Vendor Risk Management.
• Developing and nurturing of existing talent in the team to maximise their potential.
• Promoting high quality audit of IT and leveraging IT for efficient audit.
• Embedding innovation into our proposition.
• Having a demonstrable understanding of the firm’s risk appetite for high risk assurance engagements
• Delivering value added assurance services to clients
• Managing and supervising project teams in delivery of assurance assignments
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal development and assisting with client presentations
• Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
Qualifications, Experience and Background
- An excellent track record in managing multiple and complex engagements.
- Experience within an internal and External IT audit, assurance (e.g. 1st or 2nd line of defence) or broader consulting environment (e.g. programme delivery)
- Ability to perform in an autonomous, highly proactive style.
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
- Experienced in the coaching, management and mentoring of professional IT Audit staff.
- Demonstrable ability to grow and develop teams.
- Deliver work within tight timescales to a high quality.
- Undergraduate degree, ideally, in technology, business, or related field.
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 09/01/2020
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS NEGOTIABLE BONUS AND BENEFITS
THERE ARE MULTIPLE ROLES AVAILABLE
Within the FS IT Audit team, a large amount of our work involves providing assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes, IT risks, IT general controls and IT projects. This work is delivered through standalone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit engagements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of value-added information risk management, audit and assurance services to corporates / financial services sectors clients.
- Conducting fieldwork and managing small project teams in delivery of work centred on IT general controls and IT application controls for clients with ERP systems.
- Assist with scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables
- Building and managing excellent client relationships within IT functions
- Scoping of IT Audit requirements
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience in delivering technology risk services (including IT External Audit) to corporate and financial
services industry clients
- A good understanding of technology platforms
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Experience in delivering work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
- Experience of working as part of a team, as well as standalone
- Experience of testing IT General Controls (ITGC)
- Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business
environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels.
- Experience in conducting IT External Audits
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
• Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
We are looking for a Senior Manager who will be pat of
growing team of data focused consultants helping our clients become truly insights led.
As a Senior Manager you will lead client delivery teams delivering potentially large and complex engagements in some of the worlds most iconic brands.
You will be part of a growing group of consultants delivering engagements focused primarily, but not exclusively, on data based services to our clients and as such will support and / or lead the development of our go to market propositions in this space.
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
Within the FS IT Audit team, a large amount of our work involves providing consultancy, advice, assurance and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes, IT risks, IT controls and IT projects. This work is delivered through standalone assignments, or as part of broader multi-disciplinary projects.
• Delivery of value-added technology risk consulting and assurance services to financial services clients
• Responsibility for the overall output from client engagements
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables
• Building and managing excellent client relationships (typically at CIO / project sponsor level)
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations
• Coaching and developing team members on engagements
Experience and Background
• Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services & External Audit to financial services industry clients
• Prove experience in IT External Audit and understanding of core business processes within financial services
• Experience of core financial services systems - including transaction processing and financial ledger systems
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Experience in leading sub teams and developing junior team members
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people
• Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly too all levels
• Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships
• Ability to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
• Proven experience in IT General Controls (ITGC)