I'm looking for
Search results for "Infrastructure Advisory Group"
Indirect Tax Assistant Manager (Trade & Customs)
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Manager - Non Life Actuarial
Service Line: FRM
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK.
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
The role in question is with the Trade & Customs team.
Trade & Customs
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists located across the UK, working to support our national portfolio of clientswith a variety of Trade & Customs issues.. Within the team we have deep specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin andcustoms special procdures. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients; we offer a wide range of services including customsadvisory, Brexit planning, compliance reviews and preparation of duty reclaims.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of our team:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients;
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
- Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
- Developing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective;
- Working closely with senior managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Is driven and committed;
- Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities;
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback;
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff;
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
To manage and develop external client relationships though direct business development activity and internal people/resource management. This will be achieved through:
• Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG
• Reserving for clients in the Lloyd’s / London Market, including for Lloyd’s Statements of Actuarial Opinion and Solvency II Technical Provisions
• Winning new business through marketing and sales activities
• Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
• Contributing to the development of new products and services
• Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
• Marketing and raising the profile of KPMG
• A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
• Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects.
• Statements of Actuarial opinion
• Pricing assurance projects
• Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
• Helping Companies with their capital models and advising on capital planning
• Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate is expected to be a qualified actuary.
• The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions.
• Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review, with a complete and comprehensive audit trail.
• Lloyd’s / London Market reserving or pricing experience
• Knowledge of the workings of the Lloyd’s market will be advantageous
• The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
• Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
• Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
• Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
• Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
• Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
• A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably:
• Modelling (eg Igloo, ReMetrica);
• Programming (eg VBA, .NET);
• Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
• Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous