I'm looking for
Search results for "Managed Services"
Service Line: ExCo and Leadership
Head of Technology Category
Service Line: Finance
Associate Director - Transaction Services - Financial Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
GCK Service Delivery: Senior Manager - Content
Service Line: IHQ
Procurement Operations Service Delivery Manager
Service Line: Finance
The Transformation Office is a new Centre of Expertise for the Firm, its focus is to deliver value add and cost savings to the Firm by professionalising the way we identify, assess and deliver internal change. The Change Manager will be a key role within the Firm’s new Transformation Office and will be a key point of contact for significant internal projects - delivering strategic advice to project sponsors and leads on the best way to drive adoption and successfully achieve benefits realisation associated with behavioural change activities.
- Work with the Transformation Office Leadership team to shape and deliver the Transformation Office strategy, roadmap and business case
- Play an active role in supporting the Head of Change to develop an internal change function to support non-chargeable project and change activity
- Be a role model and actively engage with the virtual team of change resources across the Firm. Actively lead and support team activities to drive sharing of knowledge, team building and connection of projects
- Work closely with KPMG’s client facing change business to leverage change capability, methods and resource as appropriate and ensure that internal capability aligns with that provided to clients
- Work across and build strong relationships with business leaders and projects to shape and deliver change plans
- Feed into the Firm-wide Change Plan ensuring that
- change activity is effectively connected across the Firm
- change lands well and is adopted
- capacity of the business is effectively managed
- Build strong relationships with L&D and Communications functions to effectively support project and programme change requirements and ensures connection of strategies and plans
- Work with the business to identify new change opportunities and build them into business cases and resource plans
- Support portfolio prioritisation and business planning processes
- Support business leaders and projects to ensure
- clear articulation and analysis of change requirements
- robust design and application of change management activities
- robust management of Benefits Realisation
- Maintain and deploy Change Owner toolkits
- Support Change Management training and education activities across the Firm
- Manage change resource on projects as required
- Actively lead change team in all technical elements and deliverables on firm-wide programmes and projects including procurement systems implementations, procurement operating model transformations and service delivery model changes.
- Lead capability development activities for Transformation CoE’s professional community including development of role-based capability frameworks, interpersonal and technical capability assessments, role-based learning paths and development of change techniques training.
- Host ongoing lunch and learns with professional community to train and coach on key change management activities, deliverables and techniques which requires detailed understanding of individual and organisation change journeys, as well as expertise and experience in key deliverables such as change readiness assessments, change impact assessment and change success criteria.
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Escalate potential issues with proposed controls, to effectively mitigate impact
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams and leaders
- Create actionable deliverables for each stage of the Change method
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Support organisational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plans
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Apply KPMG change management method, processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a projects
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience in designing, facilitating and managing workshops focused on driving to successful outcomes
- Experience working in a large and politically complex organisation
- Experience at producing and presenting senior executive level reports
- Experience in organisation design and/or in driving cultural/ behavioural change
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Opening date: 26th of July, 2019
Closing date: 25th of August, 2019
Competitive salary and negotiable benefits
KPMG provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services to clients with these client-facing functions supported by a central function, KPMG Business Services (KBS). Within KBS, the firm has an established Procurement function resourced with qualified procurement professionals, supported by an outsourced procurement services provider, responsible for supporting the firm’s £450m+ expenditure on bought-in goods & services.
The Procurement function‘s objectives are:
- To be regarded as an invaluable business partner by the firm’s Infrastructure functions (in particular Facilities, HR , Marketing and IT) and by the wider business functions (Audit, Tax, Advisory and Markets)
- To drive the continuous improvement of third-party goods & services and minimise the risks associated with commercial contracting activities through the application of best-practice procurement across the firm
- To support the business with technology investments to enable profitable revenue growth
- To deliver year-on-year financial benefit to the firm
Overview of the Position
Procurement’s sourcing activities are managed by five core category teams; Facilities & Marketing Services, HR & Professional Services, Technology Services and Travel Services. The Head of Technology Category, reports to the Chief Procurement Officer.
Technology spend overall for KPMG LLP is circa £90m per annum, including both KBS Technology spend and Front Office Technology spend. Whilst KBS Technology spend represents a large proportion of this spend and managed separately within the KBS Technology Services category, the Front Office category has both spend and revenue exposure as the services are more directly associated to external KPMG client delivered solutions.
The Head of Technology Category is responsible for maximising the contribution of the Technology Services category to the firm. Leading and working together with the retained KPMG procurement leadership team and outsourced Procurement service provider to provide commercial, contractual and risk management expertise to the firm’s KBS and Client facing functions, including Client facing teams including Technology, Tax, Audit, Risk and Management Consultancy capability groups.
Providing strategic support of the key stakeholders and budget-holders responsible for expenditure and supplier relationships in related category supply chains. Stakeholders will operate in multiple business market sectors and deploy a broad range of services and solutions often underpinned by third party technologies and via strategic business partnerships.
The Head of Technology Category main responsibilities are;
- Develop and deliver strategies which deliver enablement-focussed sourcing and commercial advisory expertise to KPMG Client-services teams to provide a low-friction procurement service which optimises quality, cost, and time to market outcomes for KPMG and its Clients.
- Delivering quality client service careful management of potential tensions between business requirements and the application of procurement bestpractice
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to the client function and become accepted as an integral member of the internal client’s management team Procurement Leadership
- Contribution to the overall strategic direction of Procurement through active participation on the Procurement Leadership Team (PLT)
- Where applicable, provide management & leadership of category team resources (direct and remotely deployed). Activities may include implementation of Managing for Excellence methodologies in respect to recruitment, staff retention and personnel development (including goal-setting & appraisal) and optimal allocation of resources to projects & activities. People management responsibilities will not apply in respect to the outsourced providers’ resource.
Strategy and Innovation
- Strategic management of the category including analysis, planning, target-setting and performance monitoring, working in conjunction with the outsourced provider to seek the optimum strategic approaches and maximising value add.
- Embedding wider Firm or team-driven innovation into category management and client support activities
- Execution of a category plan; oversight and effective management of all sourcing & contracting activities (including support of applicable client activities & projects, contract renewals, extensions, variations, terminations etc.) and category development activities
- Application of the firm’s independence & reciprocity policies, and application of the department’s standard processes, tools, templates & systems to all sourcing & contracting activities
- Appropriate consideration of CSR & diversity criteria in all sourcing & contracting activities and active participation in the firm’s Supplier Diversity & CSR Programme
In particular the position requires:
- Broad procurement experience with a proven track-record of successfully delivering and/or contributing to the development & implementation of procurement solutions across the spectrum of people, policy, process, systems etc.
- Proven track-record of successfully creating category strategies, leading and executing sourcing projects within the Technology category to deliver quality, service risk and commercial benefits across the spectrum of IT software (purchase, development, support), hardware & infrastructure (End User Services, Server/Storage, Data Centre & Cloud), services (applications development, on & off-shore managed services, support & maintenance, integration services etc.) and Network & telecoms (voice, data, mobile, networks) etc.
- Service-centric approach, evidence of using commercial acumen as well as a clear understanding of objectives and priorities to consistently deliver positive outcomes for Stakeholders, including the realisation of solutions delivered both internally and directly to a client of the firm.
- Experience in complex solutions and services engagements, including strong experience in complex Information Protection and Risk Assurance processes
- Experience of working in a leveraged Procurement function, supported by an outsourced provider, within a blended delivery service of both on-shore, nearshore and off-shore
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Preferably a fully qualified member of applicable national Procurement institute (eg. CIPS, NEVI etc.)
- Substantial demonstrable experience in procurement or equivalent commercial roles, preferably with the majority within the Technology Services category, with direct exposure the specific solutions of the leading innovative Technology solutions
- Relevant industry experience; Professional Services, Financial Services etc.
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised along market lines. Within this structure, the Financial Services Transaction Services team comprises 70 professionals.
We provide due diligence advice and assistance to financial services clients of every size, and help them to deliver successful transactions. We also assist private equity clients making investments into the financial services market.
We focus on acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, initial public offerings (IPOs), market entry, financing and other transactions. We identify, structure and execute all manner of public and private market transactions, and provide support from initial analysis of strategic options and deal evaluation through to completion. We help our clients to identify upside opportunities and risks in their transactions and also assist as Reporting Accountants during Capital Markets processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements of underwriting investment banks.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Regulatory and other Advisory teams. We frequently work alongside KPMG teams from other jurisdictions to deliver clients seamless insight across multiple geographies.
Our Financial Services covers deals across the full range of banking, insurance and investment management. Within the team, individuals may chose to focus on an individual sub-sector or gain experience across a range of Financial Services business models.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions currently taking place in the market we are fast-growing the size of our team and have a need to recruit Associate Directors to focus on the Financial Services sector. Specific experience of financial due diligence and/or capital markets reporting will be highly regarded, but we would be open to receiving applications from exceptional staff who have the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills or market skills.
Associate Director appointments are made on the basis of proven track record. As engagement managers, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice. You will be required to perform the following activities as part of the role:
- Engagement management : you will structure and lead multiple large, complex workstreams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
- Business development : you will build, commercialise and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm. You will develop propositions, focussing on specific themes and/or clients.
- Risk management : you will identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- Developing People : you will identify team member development needs and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on mentoring and skills transfer. You will act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
- Delivering quality services : you will monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). You will be proficient at managing multiple priorities
- Advisory Skills : you will use your extensive skills and experience to provide advice as a trusted adviser.
You would be based in KPMG’s London office but the role may involve some travel.
Required Skills and Qualifications You will have the following skills and qualifications:
•Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA (or equivalent)
•Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
•Extensive experience of managing advisory or transaction related engagements
•Strong personal impact and self-awareness
•Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
•Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients: The ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams
•Experience in Insurance, Banking and/or Investment Management.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career dreams are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, transparent conversations about your career development.
The Global C&K Services Delivery Hub oversees the consistent delivery of C&K services; drives and sustains scalable, cost efficient content curation and management processes; leverages offshore investments to deliver quality driven, managed 'pay as you go' content, platform, research and metrics capabilities to functions and KPMG member firms; facilitates the
management and findability of relevant, trusted content in accordance with over-arching governance and lifecycle principles.
The Service Delivery Senior Manager (Content) supports the GCK Delivery Hub Lead in defining, refining and implementing a service delivery strategy for the delivery of content services, leveraging offshore resources, optimizing service provision to the business and establishing a framework of defined content services SLA’s.
• Take responsibility for the delivery of all content service delivery operations ensuring the meet planned deadlines and adhere to governance standards. Ensure content service delivery processes are adhered to in accordance with KPMG’s content strategy with a focus on quality improvement
• Provide direction to the content delivery team acting as a subject matter expert on content delivery best practices for KPMG products. Drive a high performance culture by continuously evaluating skills against the skill sets required for a best-in-class service delivery capability. Take actions to coach, develop and guide the team as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement in offshore service delivery managing end-to-end workflow of the content service capability to ensure optimum utilization
• Establish business plans and set goals for team members. Engage with KGS operational teams in relation to the hiring, retention, backfill and on boarding of new offshore resources.
• Effectively supervise/coach onshore team members and provide growth opportunities and career guidance to team members. Share knowledge to facilitate best practice and enhance group knowledge of latest market developments
• Monitor innovative trends and external market changes and ensure the full range of C&K service capabilities is leveraged to achieve desired outputs, to maximize value-add and share best practices.
• Act as a strategic champion for content delivery capabilities within the service delivery hub and the wider C&K organization by demonstrating a deep understanding of KPMG enterprise wide technology platform’s and strategy and by converting opportunities to drive growth and adoption services.
• Be the primary contact for C&K content service delivery capabilities and for resolving stakeholder resolving key issues / concerns.
• Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and other hub teams.
• Pro-actively drive engagement with stakeholders to receive timely feedback that can be leveraged to enhance service delivery capabilities and processes.
• Serve as an escalation point for content service delivery issues.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
• MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• In-depth understanding and knowledge of KPMG C&K platforms, tools and technologies
• Knowledge of the content management capabilities of SharePoint, 0365 and web technologies
• In-depth understanding of all phases of the content development lifecycle
• Good understanding of content development processes and methodologies
• Educated to graduate level. Post graduate qualification in an information science and/or business qualification preferred but not essential.
Experience & Knowledge
• Demonstrable experience in a knowledge management position with specific knowledge of content and taxonomy management processes.
• Experience in taxonomy development and management. Understanding and demonstrable proficiency with the processes that govern planning, development, publication, and distribution of knowledge content.
• Understands the principles of Knowledge Management models and processes, as well as its tools, structures and technologies.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across an organization including global, country, and technology.
• Excellent understanding of the critical success factors for the Knowledge Management function to be an effective business partner.
• Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills. The candidate should have existing (or be able to quickly establish) strong relationships with stakeholder individuals and groups at all levels across KPMG.
• Ideally the candidate will have a pragmatic understanding of C&K related content constraints and risks within KPMG, and an ability to deliver effective solutions.
• Solid understanding of KPMG business strategy, content areas, and key issues
• Strong project management skills
• Able to perform with minimal direction supervision with proactive work style
• Ability to develop requirements based on leadership input
• Performance/status reporting
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of KPMG organization and business processes
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities
• Strong people management and development skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good understanding of KPMGs Marketing and Branding principles
• Collaborative, team player, who has exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, build trust and confidence, and manage customer expectations
• Demonstrate a commercially aware and client focused approach
In the course of managing its business, KPMG in the UK spends in excess of £400m pa with third-party suppliers and contractors on a variety of goods and services. This represents both a significant opportunity for, and a significant risk to the firm.
Procurement can assist in selecting suppliers of goods and services for KPMG's internal use and help to develop robust contracts with suppliers which minimise these risks. The Strategic Sourcing Team within Procurement must be engaged where expected spend is in excess of £100k per annum, where delegated authorities apply. Please contact the relevant Category team or UK-FM Procurement to discuss your requirements.
The newly created Procurement Operations team will also provide support for requisitions raised through the Coupa tool when implemented in August 2019.
Context of role
To support the Head of Procurement Systems and Operations and the BPO Supplier Relationship Manager providing governance and control across the outsourced Procurement function which is comprised of a combination of onshore, and offshore resources. This role covers areas such as day to day management and problem resolution, budget management, invoicing, query / complaint management, headcount management, business continuity planning, performance management and management reporting.
You will work closely with the Supplier Relationship Manager and the Head of Procurement Systems and Operations. As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
Supporting the head of Procurement Systems and Operations and the Supplier Relationship manager across both Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Operations in the areas of:
Operational Supplier Management
• Managing day to day relationships with the outsourced services supplier ensuring optimum Service provided
• Act as the hand off with the BPO supplier to receive the product/service that they have been engaged to deliver
• Engages with the supplier for any day to day issue resolution relating to the service/product being delivered
• Understands and monitors the critical operational issues
• Contact point for all escalated operational issues and ensures their resolution
• Ensures operational control of contractual agreements
Performance Management / Continuous Improvement
• Works with the Supplier Relationship Manager to monitor supplier performance against service levels
• Monitors the BPO supplier to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are implemented in accordance with agreed SOW
• Manages the execution of any process changes/transformation activities in conjunction with the strategic BPO supplier manager and Head of PS & O
• Communicates with the BPO Supplier Manager to articulate feedback on the products/services received from the vendor
• Ensures quality of service delivery against service levels through effective reporting and monitoring
Budgeting and Governance
• Establish and maintain resourcing and budgeting governance and controls for the outsourced service (Circa X staff)
• Maintain and track the outsource service providers yearly budget including; monthly cost controls verses budget, forecasting, identify errors and provide the finance lead with explanations for any variance from budget.
• Managing the invoicing process for the BPO supplier ensuring that invoices are accurate, effectively processed and queries, amendments, credits etc… are managed effectively
• Produce and analyse management information to compare actual monthly headcount/costs against budget and report any discrepancies.
Governance and Reporting
• Organising, attending and the weekly and Monthly Service Delivery reviews with the outsourced supplier
• Managing the reporting suite from the Supplier ensuring accuracy and timeliness of delivery and working with the supplier to update and improve reporting
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
• Experience managing third party supplier relationships
• Understanding of Procurement operations and services
• Excellent relationship Building skills with both our internal & external customers
• Experience in report building and interpretation
• Knowledge and experience of internal accounting and finance policies and processes
• Knowledge and experience in creating and improving controls
• Ability to manage own workload, planning and prioritising as needed
• Able to take a logical and systematic approach to resolving issues, thinking outside the box and weighing up all options available to make an informed decision where a precedent may not already exist
• Understand the KPMG Business Services operational structure and actively build internal networks
• Able to consistently produce work to a high standard
• Adaptable to change and able to/willing to learn new skills and develop expertise
• High level of numeracy and analytical ability, to be able to understand and interpret data and good attention to detail
• A proactive approach and self-motivation. Good working knowledge of; Microsoft Office
• Able to adapt to new systems and utilise other reporting and analytics tools