I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy"
Associate Director - Climate Risk & Strategy - Transactional Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
Head of People Analytics - Senior Manager
Service Line: People
Assistant Manager - Technical Architect - CIOA
Service Line: MC Technology
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Technology HR Business Partner
Service Line: People
Are you looking for an exciting career at the cutting edge of KPMG’s response to the global agenda on climate change?
Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to shape a brand new proposition and advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the world has ever seen with a range of FTSE clients?
If so, then consider joining us in KPMG’s newly established Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy team. Led by Simon Weaver and Bridget Beals, the Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy team has been formed to help our clients respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, assisting them to identify and quantify climate risks to their business to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to them to mitigate the risks; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
We have a vision for every Board to consider climate change in their Enterprise Risk Management. So far, we have focused on FTSE250 Boards with really positive results – we are already responding to several RFPs and are having bilateral conversations with respect to scopes of work with 5 other major listed corporates. This is hugely encouraging as we pursue our ambition of delivering £140m of profit with purpose for KPMG by 2025.
The successful candidates will work across multiple engagements managing the delivery of key outputs relating to the different facets of our proposition and shaping our future propositions.
We are looking for hires who can provide the perfect combination of passion, dynamism, enthusiasm, capability, accountability, and above all the ability to be a great team player.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Managing and actively originating Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy engagements by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with target clients and key market constituents
- Proactive and highly tangible sector mapping to identify targets and new opportunities
- Managing delivery of several engagements on a day to day basis and managing medium to large size projects or work streams
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced, including qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Ensuring internal and external compliance procedures are adhered to
- Developing the team culture and inspiring and empowering team members to be the best
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Please send your CV with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages explaining:
1. Why you want to work in Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
2. The skills you would bring to the team and why you think they are important for the team to have
3. Anything else you think is relevant to your application
This role is a 9 month fixed term contract opportunity
The UK Head of People Data & Analytics has specific responsibility for ensuring design, implementation and monitoring of key components of the overall People strategy. The role leads the People Data agenda, ensuring:
• The KPMG UK People Data & Analytics approach develops continuously to meet the firm’s changing needs and that its findings are applied across the firm so that it supports all colleagues in the UK
• Best in class data science practices are utilised to identify, advise and inform the wider People Leadership team – Centres of Excellence and HR Business Partners - on key people issues which impact their specialisms or areas of the firm
• Generate and manage projects that maximise the value produced from workforce analysis and advanced model development
• Workforce data is addressed, repeatable processes are identified and insights are developed to inform future decision making and predictive modelling
• The People function is partnered with other analytical groups throughout the organisation to share data and insights and leverage knowledge.
• The organisation anticipates internal and external forces that may affect future business growth and direction, future-proofing wherever possible.
• KPMG develops and executes an appropriate data communications strategy with the different business functions that shares relevant and dynamic information and insight.
Who is the right candidate?
We are looking for a driven, capable Head of People Data & Analytics who has a real passion for unlocking human capital data to improve engagement, retention and overall performance.
The successful candidate is likely to be someone who has experience of navigating professional services, operating within a matrix structure.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player able to support and contribute to the People Leadership Team beyond their core competence.
Objectives & Key Deliverables
• As designer of the People Data & Analytics strategy the role holder will ensure it meets business requirements, the people strategy and provides a differentiated offering from our competitors
• Ensure the design and delivery of the people data strategy integrates with the other areas of the People function i.e. Reward, Performance, Inclusion & Diversity, Talent and Recruitment.
• Engage with the business and HRLT to facilitate the provision of analytical advice that is relevant and critical to strategic decision-making
• Generating data from multiple sources that is easily consumable and actionable and communicating your findings in clear business language, and across various channels
• Leading a small DI team, providing leadership and clear direction
• Maintain a rolling programme of HR reporting and review, ensuring resources are aligned to develop responses, achieve sign off and manage outward communications
• Support the UK Head of People and the Leadership team in the ongoing development of the wider HR strategy
• Oversight of all People MI and analytics including culture measurement.
• Take the lead on ensuring any key interventions that the organisation should make in response to the People MI data set are delivered and owning the prioritisation of those interventions.
Qualifications and Experience
• Significant progressive experience in an HR Data or Workforce Planning role, ideally with exposure to a professional services or consulting environment
• Proven Analytical expertise in a complex organisation, plus wider knowledge of how technology solutions can be leveraged to support insights and predictive analysis
• A strategic but hands on mind-set and an ability to articulate complicated concepts clearly and with confidence to a diverse senior internal client group.
• Ability to consult with and influence multiple stakeholders on strategic projects often incorporating both design and technology implementation solutions
• Project management experience with ability to work cross-functionally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent PowerPoint skills – good at presenting information to senior stakeholders in an informative, clear and professional way
• Confidence in working in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment and preparedness to be responsive and flexible
• Strong people management experience
• Strong external/market awareness, networks and understanding of the broader industry trends and challenges
The role will be based in Watford, with travel to our KPMG offices across the UK. International travel may be required occasionally to represent the UK region at Global meetings, or to share best practice.
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
• Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
• Deliver business and technology advisory services around cloud platforms
• Develop advisory assets, toolkit's and thought leadership around our advisory services to contribute to market
• Contribute to our wider capability group by participating in and leading people and capability initiatives.
• Deliver high quality advisory services which bring insight to complex technology problems.
• Contribute to disciplined execution of advisory services by adhering to budget and schedule
• Good stakeholder management
• Provide insight across cloud technologies.
• Contribute to business development including Requests for Proposals and new assets
• Build strong client relationships, through high quality delivery and close attention to underlying business problems
• Adhere to internal risk/engagement management processes
• Contribute to the development of a vibrant and profitable Technology Architecture Capability Group.
• Contribute to thought leadership.
• Collaborate with colleagues to maximise and share our knowledge and experience.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Subject matter expertise and experience from either industry, product or consulting background.
• Experience in delivering high quality strategy and technology architecture work.
• Good communication skills and client-facing stakeholder management experience
• Industry awareness of key methodologies, approaches and market trends such as the role of open source in cloud
• Experience in working with cloud architecture and tooling.
• Experience of working with the following: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as Service (SaaS).
• Practical experience in delivering large scale, enterprise wide, complex transformations.
• A natural interest in technology, being passionate about the benefits that technology can bring.
• High energy levels, coupled with a desire to deliver to a high standard in a suitable time frame.
• Self-motivation and ability to inspire and motivate others.
• Experience of providing the following: Technical reviews and assessments, technical road maps, architecture and solution designs, IT sourcing, IT strategy.
• Experience in: Azure, AWS, Coupa, Office365, Force.com, Open PaaS, BlueMix, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15/06/2020
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 13/07/2020
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS NEGOTIABLE BENEFITS AND BONUS
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services
- Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment
- Governance, Policy & Strategy, Valuation
- Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for
- Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Dual Qualified & accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience.
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence or Power sectors
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
- Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
- Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
- Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
- Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
- Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
- Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
- Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
- Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
- Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
- Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
- Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
- Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
- Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
- Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
- Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
- Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
- Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
- Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
- Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
- Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
- Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
- Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
- Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
- Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
- MI, e.g., Attrition.
- Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
- Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
- Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
- Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
- Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
- Quality and timeliness of advice.
- Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
- Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
- Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
- Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
- Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
- Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
- Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
- Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
- Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
- Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
- Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
- Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint).
- Performance Group Leader.
- Partners in Performance Group.
- Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
- People Partner.
- Performance Leaders (PL).
This role reports to the HR Lead.