I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy"
Manager - Deal Strategy & Value Creation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Commercial Strategy Assistant Managers
Service Line: Strategy
Senior Manager - Operating Strategy and Cost
Service Line: Strategy
IT Strategy and Transformation Consultant
Service Line: MC Technology
Manager – Operations, Supply Chain (Strategy)
Service Line: Operational Transformation
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £400m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
Deal Advisory has an exciting opportunity to join the Deal Strategy and Value Creation team who are developing a new Integrated Value Delivery (IVD) proposition. This will provide our clients with a holistic, integrated portfolio of implementable value creation opportunities in deal situations, underpinned by advanced data science and industry insights, delivered in a deal-speed timeframe. This team is a cross functional (commercial, operational and digital), agile capability group that will help KPMG generate revenue from broader deal value creation opportunities
We are looking for an experienced deal strategy and value creation practitioner, with a spike in either commercial, operations or digital value creation to play a key role in building out the IVD proposition and delivering high-quality engagements for our Corporate and Private Equity clients.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Play a key role in delivering IVD engagements, leading multiple workstreams, from inception to completion, which will involve:
o Hypothesis generation, data request lists, client management, team management, delivery of high-quality output.
o Able to coach junior team on all elements of delivery including storyboarding, deep analytics approaches, and specific expertise in one of the core legs of commercial, operational or digital
o Sustain a reputation for delivery excellence in the marketplace and help grow/ build our brand
- Assist with internal capability build out, which includes; proposition development, recruitment, training, go-to-market strategy development, internal stakeholder management
- Assist with business development activities through development of proposals, pitches and point of view documents, and work with team leadership to win mandates across Corporate and Private Equity clients
- Ability & willingness to travel when necessary
- Possess knowledge of Commercial and Operational Due Diligence and value creation methods, tools etc. and the ability to rapidly identify value creation opportunities for businesses in their market place, thinking innovatively to think beyond traditional ‘CDD and ODD’, and being able to perform analysis to support the hypotheses
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle (pre-deal, deal and post-deal) and the role KPMG can play within it, with proven understanding of project delivery, value identification and deal execution
- Technical and analytical skills with the proven ability to identify areas of potential value across the deal cycle, and develop an approach to assess each area
- Strong slide writing skills that provide impact, present ideas clearly in a convincing manner
- An ability to multi-task effectively and balance time
- Proven management skills, with an ability to coach junior team members to ‘think differently’ and produce high-quality output
Experience and background
- Proven experience in delivering high-quality value creation engagements in either private equity or corporates
- Commercial, Operational Due Diligence and/ or value creation engagements, working with both Private Equity and Corporations, is essential (ideally 5+ years of client-facing experience). Note, FDD experience will be less relevant for this role
- Experience in top-tier or 2nd tier strategy consulting practice would be beneficial
- Proven ability to manage teams of deal strategy and value creation practitioners that are able to successfully manage and complete multiple projects at once
- Development of high-impact proposals or point-of-view packs as part of the business development process
- Proven ability to work with other teams within a business to identify the most suitable combination of skills to deliver high-impact for clients
Commercial Strategy Assistant Managers
Capability/ Service Line Information:
KPMG’s Global Strategy Group (GSG) is looking at hiring a number of exceptional candidates, across grades, to join their London office. The team is looking to attract professional, talented individuals who have a passion for identifying and creating innovative solutions for clients
The role of GSG is to work with C-level Executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues across the economic and transaction cycles. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to corporate, public sector and private equity clients. Our consultants also receive a superior level of training and coaching to enable them to meet the needs of our global client base.
It is an exciting time to join GSG as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and the strength of our client relationships. As a team, we are a group of bright individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work.
Within GSG, our Corporates Consulting team has a focus on large complex clients which have a desire to grow profitably and/or have a specific profitability challenge.
Role & Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow KPMG’s Pricing and Commercial Strategy practice Some of the key responsibilities for the role include:
• Helping the team to build deep client relationships and be seen as the ‘go to’ person for Pricing and Sales Strategy issues and a trusted adviser by senior executives
• Support the identification, pursuit and conversion of a pipeline of business development opportunities for Corporates Commercial Strategy
• Proactively support on-sell and cross-sell opportunities
• Support the preparation of the client deliverables
• Undertake scoping on standard engagements
• Actively develops own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sector of choice
• Assist in the development of thought leadership
• Work with the team to design and deliver complex engagements.
• Developing commercial models to analyse business data
• Working with clients to help establish retail pricing and promotion strategy
• Helping companies identify the optimal prices; articulate pricing policies and distribute prices; deliver accurate orders to back-end systems; track results to continuously improve performance.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
• Experience of working for a strategy house, big 4 firm or similar consulting company
• Experience of working with large corporate clients to deliver high impact recommendations
• Experience of developing value drivers within the Energy, Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Industrials or Consumer Products Sectors
• Experience of working across complex Commercial Strategy projects in multiple sectors within the Energy, Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Industrials or Consumer Products Sectors with multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience of supporting high value business development activities
• Experience of building and commercialising relationships with senior executives in multiple sectors within the Energy, Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Industrials or Consumer Products Sectors
• Experience of developing commercial models to analyse business data, and establishing retail pricing and promotion strategy
• Experience of leading/managing small teams on client engagements
• A first class or 2.1 degree
• Experience of Pricing, Sales and Commercial Strategy Consulting
• Experience of working across large Pricing, Sales and/or Commercial Strategy Consulting programmes in the Energy, Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Industrials or Consumer Products
• Experience of business development
• Experience of communicating with C-level clients on the key issues, technological changes and strategic considerations facing the industry
• Experience of using problem-solving and analytical capabilities to solve complex pricing problems for clients
• Experience of reviewing and assessing large volumes of data and distilling the key strategic insights for clients.
• Experience of working across multiple sectors within Energy, Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Industrials or Consumer Products Sectors
• Experience of evaluating complex challenges and delivering insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
• You will be used to interacting with senior / C-level clients on a regular basis across the full programme lifecycle from sales through to delivery.
Multiple positions available
Opening date 13/11/2019
Closing date 11/12/2019
Competitive salary plus benefits
The cost & operating model team work as part ofthe Corporates Strategy team (serving clients across aerospace & defence,health & life sciences, energy & natural resources, consumer productsand automotive) helping our clients design, identify and deliver significantchanges to their operating model and cost base in line with their strategicobjectives. The majority of our work is performing in cross-KPMG teams,bringing together the combination of skills required to address our client’sissues and we frequently work in joint client – KPMG teams.
Lead teamsto address complex market, strategic, operational and organisational issues,with a focus on delivering strategic cost and operating model projects
Plan and d
esignfinancial and operational analyses to support development of insights and identifypotential efficiency / structural change opportunities for clients
esignchanges to the clients operating model to support delivery of their strategicand cost objectives
• Develop business cases and implementation plansto underpin successful delivery
• Lead projects and take responsibility for allaspects of project and team management
• Participate in the delivery and presentation ofclient deliverables
• Work collaboratively with senior client staff andmanagement, often working in joint teams in the development of and delivery ofrecommendations.
• Lead on business development opportunities, demonstrateability to build on-going client relationships and an external network ofcontacts
• Lead thought leadership and knowledge managementto support practice development
Skills,qualification and experience required
Tosucceed in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills andexperience:
Experience of working for a strategy house, big 4firm (or similar consulting company) or having worked in an in-house strategyteam
Experience of leading complex strategic cost andoperating model projects within the Energy, Natural Resources, Manufacturing,Industrials or Consumer Products Sectors with multi-disciplinary teams
Detailed understanding of the value drivers withinthe Energy, Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Industrials or Consumer ProductsSectors
Demonstrable ability to build and commercialiserelationships with senior executives within the Energy, Natural Resources,Manufacturing, Industrials or Consumer Products Sectors
Deep experience of Commercial Strategy Consulting
Experience in deploying zero based approaches tocost management
Strongnumerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen
Knowledgeof and experience in business development process, including proposal development
Personaldrive to deliver results within tight deadlines
Abilityto assess technical information, distil the key strategic insights and conveythese clearly and confidently both orally and in written form to senior clients
Opening date : 5th December 2019
Closing date : 3rd January 2020
Competitive salaryplus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG’s CIO Advisory practice helps clients transform theway that CIOs and their management teams manage and deliver IT services totheir customers. We help our clients to understand and exploit the constantlychanging technology ecosystem to deliver value, agility and efficiency. Incollaboration with other specialists across KPMG, we support our clients throughdigital transformation and enable them to transform their business through technology-enabledchange.
Our CIO Advisory practice is organised into the followingcapability teams:
• Tech Strategy & Effectiveness
• Tech Architecture
• IT Sourcing
• IT Service Management
Within CIO Advisory we deliver collaborative team engagements,working together across these capabilities to help our clients get the bestfrom their IT services. We are growing our team to meet an ever increasingdemand for our market leading services and are seeking your relevant expertiseand experience to join us.
- Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
- Providing compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
You will work with KPMG colleagues, client teams and withC Level client resources to:
- Bring a technology perspective to a broad range of client issues, demonstrating how technology can be used to address problems and realise opportunities
- Manage the development and delivery of IT operating models that enable clients to get the most from their technology organisation
- Develop digital and technology strategiesalongside client teams
- Provide credible advice to clients on how tooperate IT in the most effective manner
- Collaborate across our other CIO Advisorycapabilities (IT Sourcing, Tech Architecture and Service Management) to improveand transform IT services for our clients
- Work with other teams across KPMG to providesupport to clients as they undergo digital transformation
You will work within the Tech Strategy &Effectiveness capability group and with the wider KPMG firm to:
- Identify emerging trends in the market anddevelop products and services that KPMG can leverage within our client base
- Support the growth of our Tech Strategy &Effectiveness capability through developing and supporting our people
- Contribute to innovative thought leadershipon technology topics including digital transformation, technology strategy,digital operating models and delivering more effective and efficient technologyservices
- Champion how Tech Strategy &Effectiveness can help our clients deliver more effectively and achieve theirdigital and technology ambitions
You will work as part of an engagement team in a leadingcapacity to deliver high quality products and outcomes to our clients andidentify further opportunities to support them for the wider KPMG firm.
- Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listensand addresses concerns
- Builds co-operative relationships and fostersan environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Provides on-going feedback, coaching andmentoring that supports individuals’ development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functionalcommunications and sharing of information.
Experience in at least 2 of the below:
- Developing technology strategies in complex environments, with a focus on leveraging digital and emerging technologies
- IT operating model design and implementation
- IT cost optimisation and efficiency
- Digital transformation at scale
- Agile delivery methodologies, particularly atscale in large organisations
- Tenacious, passionate and thorough inapproach and style; able to adjust communication styles from C level to juniorlevel
- Self-sufficient, with leadership experience managingteams and delivering technology programmes / projects
- Consulting experience with largeorganisations
- A passion for emerging technology and drivingbusiness value
- Experienced in new technology delivery andways of working (for example Agile, DevOps)
At KPMG, yourlong-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's whyour aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities orcorporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth ofexperiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're a firm that encouragesyou to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a rolemodel, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients andour communities.
We're at ourbest when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'TheAcademy'. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and theexpectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and inreturn we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each personcan reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'The Academy', you'll have accessto communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skillsand career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, andstudent loan payments to your birthday off, we're making sure that our peoplehave an amazing experience.
While ourclient-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at timesbe based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you toachieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible workingarrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fitaround other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discussyour own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in moredetail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, wecan put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
KPMG are proudto be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract andretain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of theBusiness Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates aretreated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successfulafter the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contactany reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
Our Supply Chain Operations team of approximately 90 consultants are seeking experienced consultants and industry professionals to grow and develop our capability. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients’ commercial problems.
Within the Private Sector we work with many blue chip companies, including a number of FTSE 100 Clients and many regional based Clients, delivering improvements in their Supply Chain capability and how it aligns to the wider business, which is integral to their overall profitability.
Within the Public Sector we work with clients across Government, Defence, Police, NHS and Higher Education. We help them to meet challenging Government targets to deliver frontline services more effectively.
We are seeking a Manager experienced in Supply Chain Strategy, with a proven track record of delivering technology enabled change to join our Corporates team. We are looking for someone with a strong background of providing transformative operating models by leveraging data-led insights and ensuring effective implementation of cutting-edge technologies – however, it will be advantageous if you also have broader Supply Chain experience.
The key services are: digital supply chain, supply chain analytics and supply chain transformation.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Contribute towards practice development by developing and introducing new solutions, as part of a team alongside colleagues and clients, and on complex commercial or transformational engagements
• Be involved in business development activity
• Provide a broad contribution to development of the overall team
• Support the management team
• Proven success in integrating planning, procurement, supply chain, product design, manufacturing and distribution management, as well as improving end-to-end effectiveness
• Deep experience in developing supply chain strategies and transformation roadmaps, which include well-supported solutions to complex operational challenges
• Demonstrated history of successfully leading elements of supply chain transformation programmes, including the implementation and deployment of technology to improve performance
• Experience working as a workstream lead on large engagements or as a project manager on smaller scale engagements, from planning stages through to execution
• Experience communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems to a range of audience types
• Experience in rolling out cost restructuring initiatives, and knowledge of complex financial modelling
• Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
• Experience of managing project plans, internal processes and budgets
• Prior consulting experience within supply chain / operations consulting
• Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company or central Government experience
• Familiarity with Agile principles and project management methodology e.g. Scrum
• Knowledge of the current supply chain technology market
• Project management and high quality delivery
• Leadership and relationship building
• Ability to rapidly identify issues and propose solutions, supported by data and analysis
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Stakeholder management
• Flexible in adapting to industry trends
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Excellent commercial acumen and business context
• Strong collaboration with executives on risk management and new growth opportunities
• Broad consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, data gathering, process mapping and analysis
• Security clearance (BPSS / SC)
• Sales experience
• Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent. Postgraduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CSCP/CIPS/CILT) is advantageous.
Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time and will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
The role will be based in Canary Wharf, London.