I'm looking for
Search results for "Managed Services"
Global Mobility Services Tax Assistant
Service Line: People Services
Senior Manager - External Audit, Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
Data Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
Data Consultant - Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
We are looking for a tax Assistant /Associate to join our National Markets’ Global Mobility Services (GMS) team in our office in Bristol. GMS is a fundamental part of the People Services group and is currently enjoying accelerated growth and numerous exciting opportunities.
- Manage a wide variety of clients and lead the junior team on your clients
- Maintain and lead strong relationships with clients
- Take ownership for finances and billing
- Being the day to day contact for allocated clients, supported by a strong team
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on Global Mobility Services (GMS) developments
- Helping to advise clients on GMS issues, helping ensure they function smoothly and effectively
- Working with companies of all sizes, including many house hold name clients
- Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
- Be involved in all aspects of cross border advisory - covering tax, Social Security, process, policy and efficiencies
- Get involved in business development/proposals
- Managing and coaching of staff
Qualifications and Skills
- ATT qualified and strong relevant tax experience
Experience and Background
- Comitted and ambitious
- High level personal responsibility and accountability for team work
- Capacity to receive positive, constructive feedback
- Analytical; identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
- Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Motivated by a passion for the international aspects of our work, professional proficiency, and a desire to serve and lead excellent global service teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) Flexible, positive outlook with a commitment to team working
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure an ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
- You should be able to demonstrate sound professional judgement including the ability to identify issues/concerns and consult where appropriate with more senior staff
We are currently looking for a qualified Accountant for a Senior Manager role to join our thriving Midlands Financial Services Audit department based in Birmingham. You will be part of a collaborative team in a fast paced and challenging environment.
Our Financial Services department in the Regions deliver a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients include ‘challenger’ banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies. As a Senior Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction (including attendance and presenting to Board Committees) and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals. Our top performers are often encouraged to pursue internal secondments and international assignments to broaden their skills set. You may also have the opportunity to be involved in project based work across the firm.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier FS clients.
You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Keeping partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level (including Executive) client staff throughout the year.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in the Regions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The successful Senior Manager candidate will meet the following criteria.
- Must be professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must have significant audit experience at manager or senior manager level including practical experience in a Big 4 accountancy firm
- Must have experience of working on Financial Services External Audits
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Must be able to demonstrate well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Must have examples of business development.
- Must have IT literacy with a sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
Opening date 16th April 2019
Closing date 14th May 2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
In KPMG's Management Consulting (MC) practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team over 5 years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
The Data capability sits within the MC Technology Enablement and we leverage data technology to help our financial services clients achieve their business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Job Description: Joining the fast growing KPMG’s Data team in financial services means you will join a talented team of exceptional data colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day.
• You will join a rapidly growing Data team in Management Consulting Financial Services and your role will encompass delivering high quality outputs across Client/Project, People and Practice work.
• You will bring SME experience in at least one of our pillars: Data architecture, Data management & governance, Data Migration and/or Data Insights/visualisation.
• You will lead the design & deliver either overall solution architecture solutions, data governance frameworks, deliver data migration, and/or insights solutions
• You will communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex data challenges
• You will build relationships and actively seek out the local/global networks best experts to address client needs and build constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• You will take a leading role in the growth of the Data team and support the development of the other team members through coaching and mentoring
• You will develop business cases for transformation programmes based on industry insight and providing the roadmap to ensure the achievement of the planned benefits
• You will work closely with leadership team to help build key propositions to go-to market
• You will raise the profile of our data services within the organisation, helping KPMG colleagues & clients understand the value of data as part of Connected Consulting
• Is able to identify opportunities, sell-on client work and make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition and practice development
• Has experience of scoping and leading projects of upwards of £500k, clients and senior stakeholders. Able to develop sales pitches & proposals to explain the value of our services
• Has specialist knowledge and technical expertise in at least one of our data pillars:
1. Data & Systems Architecture: Experience in advising the operation and implementation of a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise. Proficient in data modelling, data integration and design data platforms to support advanced analytics and AI/ML capabilities
2. Data Management & Governance: Experience in advising FS firms in their data strategy from the design of data management & governance frameworks, data standards to delivering data lineage, data quality controls, data sourcing and profiling and MDM solutions
3. Data Migration: Experience in advising in data migration related issues from strategy and scoping through to implementation and ultimate Go-Live. Working with stakeholders to define delivery model based on resources, infrastructure landscape and SME availability
4. Data Insights/Visualisation: Develop clients’ vision for data analytics in their business and help them realise how they could increase profitability and reduce risk through better sourcing, ETL and provisioning of data and benefit from benefit from trending capabilities like Data Science/ ML, Data Mining and NLP, as well as next-gen capabilities such as Cognitive Services
• Thrives on challenges and solving problems and energised and passionate to drive data solutions through to completion
• Has great presentation & communication skills. Able to describe complex technical issues in a clear, non-technical way
• Has strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships with clients & colleagues
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns, builds co-operative relationships and fosters an inclusive environment
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring to support team development and career aspirations. Nurtures, trains & develops talent
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information, building relationships across the UK and Global KPMG practice
• Has sector experience of Financial Services, with a strength in one or more of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Life Insurance; General Insurance. Relevant related sector knowledge of core business functions across front to back office and relevant key regulations (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, CDD/KYC/AML, BSBS239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, FRTB, GDPR)
• Has skills any of these technologies will be advantageous: Hadoop, AWS, MS Azure, GoogleCloud, Collibra, Informatica, SAS, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, R, Python, Spark, Scala, Alteryx, Trillium, etc.
At KPMG our FS Data team works to enable our clients from a broad range of top tier banks, to optimise the use of data to achieve their business strategy, and to implement a data driven business.
As a Manager within this team, you will have a proven track record as a Data Management specialist, advising clients on how to effectively manage their data, from ingestion through to insight.
Specifically, you should have strong experience in:
• Data governance practices including change management
• Reviewing and implementing data quality controls and end to end control frameworks
• Data sourcing, profiling, cleansing, & transformation best practice methods, including capturing of lineage & data definitions
• MDM solutions
As this is an FS data consulting role, you will be expected to competently:
• Lead small-medium KPMG and client data management workstreams of 3-10 people where you are expected to oversee the development and use of data systems, processes and controls
• Be a data management SME on large transformation projects, advising our clients on strategy and design
• Be up-to-date of the latest industry regulations and have a keen interest in future technology trends
• Have in-depth sector experience in either Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance and understand key business drivers and key regulations in the industry (e.g. GDPR, IFRS, AML, BCBS 239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, Solvency II)
• Work with key stakeholders to define scope and discover efficient ways to organise, store and analyse data with attention to security and confidentiality
• Develop lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Identify profitable opportunities, sell-on at client work, make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition/capability and wider practice contribution
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
• Be client focused with good presentation, communication and relationship building skills.
To excel in this role, you are able to fully grasp the complexity of data management, its importance in marketplace currently and why it is critical for our current and potential clients.
We are building up the FS data team, and as we continue to grow, we want to ensure we are fostering an enjoyable and supportive place to work. Therefore we are seeking people with high energy who:
• Coaches and develops junior colleagues
• Supports the growth of the data management practice through internal initiatives and identifying new business opportunities
• Thrives on challenges and issues and enjoys solving problems
• Inspires change and makes an impact within the team and in a client organisation
• Prior consulting experience
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders