I'm looking for
Search results for "Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM)"
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Microsoft Dynamics Project Manager
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Manager - Infratech - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
Legal Counsel (Manager)
Service Line: QRM and OGC
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
The Project Manager runs projects of any size in an efficient and effectivemanner, and is responsible for their delivery within agreed timescales, budgetsand conformance to agreed requirements. This person is also responsible for the efficient utilization of assigned staff and any associated third parties and for ensuring that all project activities conform to the company’s quality management standards and processes.
Plans and manages assigned projects, keeping customer and senior management informed about project progress;
Compiles and agrees the project plan with the client.
Compiles and agrees with the client any Statements of Work in line with contractual arrangements with the client.
Monitors progress against project plan and budget, correcting and / or escalating abnormal situations Maintains the Project Plan, in particular with forecast completion dates and impact analysis;
Tracks actual costs vs plan (using Microsoft project and our internal Dynamics AX time recording system);
Maintains awareness of all ongoing non-trivial problems towards their solution. Ensures that project objectives are met;
Monitors and controls all individuals allocated to the project ensuring that all project activities are carried out in accordance with the appropriate standards. This includes ensuring that activities are planned and executed in line with the KPMG Microsoft Business Solution project delivery methodology;
Manages any third parties that may be involved as sub-contractors within the project, as relevant, and ensures that any deliverables are produced on time, to required quality standards, and in line with agreed commercials; refers as needed to the Program Manager in case any escalations are required.
Ensures Risks and Issues are being correctly assessed and reported. Pro-actively predicts and mitigates risk;
Ensures Decision and Action logs are being maintained from the key project governance meetings;
Ensures the Change Log is maintained and that Change Control is being effectively applied;
Applies solid configuration management principles in managing the overall Project Document library for KPMG Microsoft Business Solution deliverables to be handed over to the client;
Maintains and publishes the project dashboard by obtaining the critical data either directly from internal systems or from the relevant project resources:
Weekly Product Backlog Stats/ Burndown graph / Risks and issues stats / Defect and % complete stats /Task Completion Stats / Change Log Stats
Prepares weekly reports for review by the KPMG Microsoft Business Solution Program Manager, prior to distribution to the client;
Participates in client reporting sessions, including weekly progress review meetings
Tracks actual vs. budgeted costs and effort on a weekly basis;
Plans and monitors any validation activities with the customer to ensure that all requirements are met;
Plans and monitors any internal verification activities, including any reviews, walkthroughs and testing, and versees the correction of non-conformities to ensure quality of all project deliverables;
Plans and monitors release and implementation activities (e.g. release and/or implementation plans, hand over/support documentation, etc.);
Works very closely with the Solution Architect on an ongoing basis in ensuring the overall quality of deliverables prior to release to the client;
Receives, analyses and co-ordinates the implementation of project/system live changes requested by the customer when applicable;
Addresses all project customer satisfaction issues, escalating feedback as necessary for further action;
Participates in KPMG Microsoft Business Solution resource management, utilisation and capacity planning processes. Liaises with the Resource Manager and other Project Managers to ensure optimum utilisation of allocated resources in line with contracted commercial endeavours;
Contributes towards continuous refinement and improvement of our best practice project delivery methodology Liaises with peers to provide assistance and convey lessons learnt as required, in order to promote and improve the overall program and project delivery capabilities of KPMG Microsoft Business Solution;
Tracks any sub contracts and work orders in consultation with the finance function;
Liaises with the purchasing department to in raising Purchase Orders to cover approved work orders;
An established Project Manager with a proven track record of delivery of software implementation projects. Full lifecycle implementation experience is required;
Experience managing third party sub-contractors, ideally including independent software vendors (ISV’s);
Proven successful delivery of projects exceeding 750 man-days in services delivery effort;
Experience in managing teams of more than 10 staff;
Very strong Microsoft Office skills particularly with Microsoft Project, Excel and SharePoint;
Prince 2 Practitioner / certified APM professional preferred;
Experienced in Agile project management, ideally with direct experience and knowledge of tools including Jira, VSTS, TFS, and of methodologies including Scrum and Kanban;
Ideally experience and specialism in ERP and / or CRM implementation projects, preferably utilising the Microsoft stack;
Excellent time management skills with demonstrable experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and managing a high workload with conflicting priorities;
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment;
Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening): an ability to present information concisely, to communicate in a manner applicable to all levels;
Able to produce high quality and professional presentations;
Excellent attention to detail and ability to ensure documents are consistent in language, terminology and style;
Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards;
Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion;
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets has never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset Management and Data Analytics.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
- Support the IAG Infratech Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Manage teams to deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Develop partnerships with third party providers to develop an ecosystem of solutions for client issues
Leadership & Management:
- Engagement Management of project teams (typically 2-3 people) to deliver small-medium client engagements.
- Management of quality and risk on engagements to meet KPMG standards.
- Financial management of engagements including budgeting, reporting and invoicing processes.
- Performance Management and mentoring of IAG junior employees (typically 1-2 reports).
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Client facing role for both business development and delivery, including stakeholder management and workshop facilitation.
- Liaise with technical teams on the client side to support productionising of proof of concepts.
- Change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- The role can potentially have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG.
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
- The role has financial responsibilities through Engagement Management.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology in an infrastructure or asset-intensive organisation
- Broad understanding and interest in multiple infrastructure industry sectors
- Deep knowledge of at least one industry within construction, transport, power, utilities and defence.
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within a disruptive sector, such as a technology startup
- Experience in managing consultancy or client facing assignments
- Experience working on complex change programmes
- Experience building business cases for funding
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Knowledge of asset management
- Understanding of broader Asset Management good practice (ISO 55001 and IAM/GFMAM 39 subjects)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and their use in scaling solutions
- Excellent facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders and balance time across these appropriately
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management
The Practice Protection team (“PP”) comprises of a team of experienced partners and lawyers based in Canary Wharf who specialise in advising on and managing the handling of practice protection issues.
Practice Protection is the process by which the firm takes effective action in the event of claims, or circumstances relating to its professional work, regulatory or law enforcement interest, and professional conduct matters. In addition, PP advises partners and staff of the UK firm on a wide range of other professional or client matters where there may be cause for concern, or where a legal consideration or process is involved.
PP also monitors and provides guidance in relation to claims and circumstances affecting other KPMG member firms outside of North America and liaises with professional indemnity insurers for this purpose.
Role and Responsibilities
This is an attractive opportunity for a lawyer to join PP. The lawyer will be within a team advising PP partners, other partners and staff of the UK firm and KPMG member firms overseas on a wide range of contentious matters relating to professional services and conduct. Particular tasks involve assisting and advising in the management of litigation and threats of litigation against the UK firm.
The candidate will need to be able to work flexibly within a small team handling a large and varied work load, taking a significant degree of responsibility, and being able to understand the business drivers affecting the firm.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting in advising on and managing potential and actual claims against the UK firm, domestic and international regulatory and law enforcement interest and professional conduct matters.
- Assisting in advising on a broad range of associated, general legal issues and risk management matters.
- Providing legal and other support to more senior members of PP and to General Counsel
- Liaising with external legal advisers and counsel.Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 2-3 years post-qualification experience from either an existing in-house position or from private practice.
- A background in regulatory investigations, and professional negligence would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence with confidence and clarity at all levels
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to produce work to tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Mature, self-sufficient and proactive, with the ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Commercially and risk aware