Being Inclusive: Intelligent Working
Everybody has his or her own unique circumstances. We’ll try hard to accommodate yours, creating a schedule that works for you. That’s true for any employee, at any grade, in any part of KPMG in the UK.
It’s called Intelligent Working. That means considering any working schedule that’s outside the traditional working pattern, focusing on outcomes rather than time spent at work.
We support the following arrangements:
- Part-time working
- Job sharing, in which two employees share the duties and responsibilities of one full-time job
- Glide time, which means working core hours (10:00am to 4:00pm) but starting work between 8:00am and 10:00am and finishing between 4:00pm and 6:00pm
- The opportunity to purchase up to a maximum of 35 days’ additional holiday per year
- Unpaid leave, in which you choose to take up to three months off work without pay
- Opportunities to take an unpaid career break from work of between three months and three years
- Working from home for one or more days every week
- Annualised days – a form of part-time working, based on a set number of days during the year.
We are happy to consider any working arrangement that allows you the work-life balance you want, providing you can fulfil your commitments.
Intelligent Working aims to achieve the right balance for all our people, enabling us to help our people build their careers without sacrificing their personal priorities. This is all about focusing on outcomes and trusting our people to do the right thing for themselves and our firm.
Fitting in work, study and time with my kids
Meet Charlotte – Assistant Manager, Audit
Developing my career alongside my family life
Meet Sarah – Consultant, Pensions
Balancing work and family life is fantastic
Meet Vicki – Senior Manager, Audit