I'm looking for
Search results for "Operational Transformation"
Assistant Managers - Procurement
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Managers – Energy and Natural Resources
Service Line: Strategy
Manager Forensic IGH
Service Line: Forensic
Service Line: Audit
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and cost modelling.
• Assessment of a client’s existing procurement capability against leading practice
• Providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
• Procurement analytics - Analysis of and insights from data (incl spend) to drive better decision making
• Supporting complex sourcing projects including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
As well as working in teams to deliver these solutions, Assistant Managers are also expected to contribute to bringing to fruition new solutions and business development activity.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
• Experience providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and cost modelling
• Experience supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation to clients.
• Experience defining new procurement operating models that enhance procurement value creation and return on procurement
• Experience evaluating insource / outsource for back- and middle-office as well as frontline services
• Experience designing improvements in Procurement capability through the introduction of leading practice procurement operating models, organisation redesign, procurement techniques
• Experience supporting clients to implement improvements across the end to end Source to pay process
• Experience producing and delivering structured training courses to upskill an existing procurement and supply chain team.
• Experience providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
• Experience helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Procurement that leverages cloud based source to pay technology, advanced analytics, collaborative category management technology, robotics process automation and AI solutions
• Experience building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
• Experience supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions
• Experience in identification of savings/value creation opportunities using a range of demand and supply side levers
• Experience delivering savings/value creation initiatives
• Experience supporting complex sourcing projects including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
• Experience advising clients on the appropriate strategy for complex outsourcing including service and commercial models
• Experience planning and executing sourcing and vendor evaluation
• Experience of consulting within Procurement or have an operational management background
• Experience of procurement processes – including: sourcing, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, supply relationship management Purchase to Pay (P2P),
• Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
Multiple positions available
Opening date 17/03/2020
Closing date 14/04/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits
KPMG has a market leading strategy advisory business in Energy and Natural Resources, serving the oil & gas; power and utilities and infrastructure sector serving UK, European and international clients. We work with C-level executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues related to deal strategy, growth strategy and operational strategy. It is an excellent time to join us as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and the strength of our client relationships, with the Energy & Natural Resources business. As a team, we are a group of bright committed individuals who arepassionate about delivering fantastic client work, developing the team around us and having fun both inside and outside of work.
We are currently looking for managers to join our Energy and Natural Resources team on a permanent basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working in project teams on assignments addressing fundamental strategic and operational issues, you will have a particular focus on identifying and delivering performance improvements in areas such as operations, maintenance, capital projects, logistics, and supply chain.
You will be leading teams of varying size, shaping outputs while coaching and mentoring staff to motivate and develop team members. Direct contact with client colleagues andpresentations to senior management are key parts of the role.
Develop business cases and implementation plans to underpin successful delivery
Lead projects and take responsibility for all aspects of project and team management
Participate in thedelivery and presentation of client deliverables
Work collaboratively with senior client staff and management, often working in joint teams in the development of and delivery of recommendations.
Lead thought leadership and knowledge management to support practice development
Skills,Qualification and Experience Required
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Experience of working for a strategy house, big 4 firm (or similar consulting company) or having worked in an in-house strategy team
Practical operational experience in the industries we serve, in areas such as oil and gas, chemicals, energy, maintenance and engineering
Experience of leading complex strategic projects within the Energy, Natural Resources, OR Industrials Sectors with multi-disciplinary teams
Detailed understanding of the value drivers within the Energy and Natural Resources sector
Demonstrable ability to build and commercialise relationships with senior executives within the Energy and Natural Resources sector
Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen
Personal drive to deliver results within tight deadlines
Ability to assess technical information, distil the key strategic insights and convey theseclearly and confidently both orally and in written form to senior clients
Opening date : 03/04/2020
Closing date : 02/05/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
The highly successful Public Policy and Regulation practiceat KPMG is looking to recruit a Manager into the team. The role willfocus on working with a wide range of organisations including LocalAuthorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trustsand with the private and third sector. Individuals will be required to assistclients to make informed decisions for their locality based on sound analysisand good governance.
Roles and responsibilities
Perform a client delivery focused role whichtypically involves analysis of public policy issues, resulting in thedevelopment of appropriate solutions
Communication of appropriate solutions andfindings with stakeholders and senior members of the team, sometimes politicalleaders and the wider organisations
Develop insightful proposals and propositions,which demonstrate KPMG’s market leading position
Develop networks across KPMG’s public sectorpractice and externally across the public sector market
Develop and deliver high quality project workincluding as necessary the supervision, coaching and guidance of junior staff
Lead the preparation of reports that are welldrafted and concise, addressing politically complex and sensitive issues deftly
Design and participate in the delivery ofpowerful client presentations and workshops
Manage day-to-day project oversight, includingfinancial budgeting and risk
Skills, experience and qualifications required
A postgraduate or strong (1st or 2.1)undergraduate degree in any subject
Good understanding of the issues facing public bodies based upon experience of working in the sector or as a consultant within the sector
Demonstrable ability in leading delivery of elements or sections of client deliverables in an operational or policy setting
Detailed experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis, such as gathering evidence by conducting interviews, surveys, evaluation and other analysis on behalf of clients and as part of project delivery
Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to articulate with credibility and conviction
Proven experience contributing to complex projects with diverse inputs where rigor and accuracy are essential
Ability to translate information and policy and apply to the clients context objectively and concisely
Ability to be work with clients at a variety of strategic and operational levels
Professional consulting experience and has successfully delivered advisory services within a public sector setting
Demonstrates and articulates deep technical knowledge of the sector to meet the needs of our clients
Proven experience of options appraisal, business case development and financial modelling
Experience in coaching or managing junior staff
Demonstrates high level analytical and consulting skills
Proficient in the use of a range of IT applications
Excellent written English skills
Demonstrated team working and relationship management skills to realise client objectives and solutions
Competitive salary plus benefits
Posting date : 3rd April 2020
Closing date : 1st May 2020
As one of the UK firm's largest regional teams, KPMG's Reading office employs more than 400 professionals who work with companies across the Thames Valley. Our office is located conveniently just off junction 12 of the M4 and offers parking for staff. It is also a short walk from Theale train station.
KPMG Reading has a strong reputation for supporting Thames Valley’s thriving information technology and communications businesses. We also have a large pensions’ advisory capability and one of the largest expatriate advisory practices outside London.
By combining deep sector knowledge with innovative technology, we bring fresh thinking and practical approaches. Our specialist teams in audit, tax and advisory work together to help our clients achieve their goals, including growth strategy, people strategy, cyber security, digital transformation and technology solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit Audit Manager who will be based in the Reading office.
This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent experience as Manager in an external audit capacity, working with large, mixed sector corporate clients.
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
Opening date: 18th March 2020
Closing date: 16th April 2020
Salary: Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits