I'm looking for
Search results for "Corporate Tax Services"
Manager - Power & Utilities - Corporate Finance Management
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Tax Insurance Director
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Senior Manager - Innovation, reliefs and Incentives (IRI) Team
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Trade & Customs Assistant
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Manager - Financial Services Audit - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Audit
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year (Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and globally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic and regulatory analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is the largest business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for large clients in the sector, including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of the largest utilities in Europe and beyond. We provide in-depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance and corporate financial management, regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, cost assessment and benchmarking as well as other drivers affecting value. Our work combines elements of policy, finance, strategy and economics to assist our clients in structuring investments, securing financing, supporting regulatory regimes and maximising shareholder value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as market leaders influencing the future of the utilities sector.
Our business is continuously expanding and we are looking for high quality candidates to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on financial analysis, including financeability assessments, risk and scenario analysis, financial modelling, investment appraisal & valuation and assessment of required rates of return. This is to support the development of new service lines, particularly in corporate financial management, building on the work already undertaken in the Group.
- Building relationships with clients and other advisors
- Supporting coverage of clients and our reputation as a leading advisor in the utilities sector
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and their financial implications
- Being involved in business development to identify new opportunities
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches
- Managing delivery of several small and medium size engagements on a day to day basis
- Ensuring quality of economic and financial analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Taking responsibility for the quality of deliverables produced for clients
- Providing effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to
- Recognising and addressing potential risks
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
- Have several years of experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, as a regulatory, policy maker or as a consultant specialising in these sectors
- Have a detailed knowledge of the current UK regulatory regimes and regulatory mechanics for utilities as well as their application
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates
- Be skilled in financial analysis, with a detailed working knowledge and experience of financial modelling and financeability analysis, ideally applied in the utilities sectors
- Have a sound knowledge of finances and financial structures of regulated utilities
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application
- Propose compelling and well-thought out solutions to complex economic, statistical and/or financial problems, being able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Bring excellent report writing, quantitative analysis (Stata or equivalent), Excel and Powerpoint skills as well as familiarity with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases
- Be comfortable and experienced in an external facing role and in presenting to clients
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of innovative thinking in the sector
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG
- Have experience of managing small teams; be a proven team player who can demonstrate a clear desire to manage teams, who can gain the trust and support of internal colleagues
- Demonstrable credentials of leading the delivery activities on major consulting projects
- Be highly motivated and ambitious, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers
- Language skills and experience in other markets and jurisdictions are a bonus
- At least 3 A levels or equivalent; Undergraduate or higher Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar (candidates with other degrees will be considered depending on their experience)
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.
Significant geo-political change, combined with ongoing tax, regulatory and accounting reform, internationally and in the UK, mean tax is a priority issue for groups operating in the banking sector. Brexit and tax reform could lead to the need for significant international restructuring, whilst the OECD BEPS project has led to numerous legislative changes and increased reporting requirements, all of which need to be addressed. To further develop our capability to respond to this market opportunity, the banking practice at KPMG needs an additional director to help build the business and develop the team.
You will be the engagement lead on tax engagements for our UK and International Insurance client base, and this will involve but is not limited to:
• Leading, developing and maintaining top tier Insurance client relationships alongside other functions;
• Driving business development and taking a lead on marketing initiatives;
• Leading on design and delivery of proposals for new business opportunities;
• Enhancing KPMG’s profile in the market by supporting KPMG's wider global network;
• Leading large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions; and
• Providing detailed technical advice covering a range of UK and international tax issues.
As an engagement leader, you are technically proficient but also comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people. Your experience and skills will show that you will:
• Promote the Tax practice within KPMG in order to encourage collaboration and increase internal leads;
• Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, knowledge and experience;
• Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery;
• Display technical strength in our specialist market;
• Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows;
• Sustain a high level of drive, show enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team;
• Display an inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community;
• Demonstrate insight and effectively apply knowledge to business and client problems; and
• Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Broad and deep Tax knowledge; and
• Successful track record of hinew business origination through both internal and external activities.
Our IRI team is looking for a Senior Manager with experience of preparing claims. The role sits in our Financial Services performance group and works with the national IRI Tax practice to accelerate the growth of our business. You will be required to use your knowledge of IRI tax incentives to help our clients in make claims for IRI Tax relief across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. The role will may involve some travel to attend meetings at client sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of IRI claims.
- Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Deliver comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Science or technical degree to 2.1 level preferred.
- Experience of preparing IRI claims.
- Tax technical knowledge of the UK’s IRI tax incentives
- Broader knowledge of wider tax issues
- Experience in reviewing preparations and submissions of IRI tax relief claims
- Experience in dealing with and building relationships with senior employees within HMRC.
- Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team’s work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings incite and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
- Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
Trade & Customs
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists established in London, Midlands and Scotland in order to work with our clients across the whole of the UK and beyond. Within the team we have deep specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin and suspension /reliefs. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients; we offer a wide range of services including pure advisory, reviews and preparation of reclaims.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be a key member of our team:
· Providing high quality advisory services to a wide range of clients;
· Assisting generally with Trade & Customs opportunities;
· Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
· Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
· Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
· Working closely with a team who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential;
· Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
Experience and Skills:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Has 1-2 years experience in customs and international trade;
· Is driven and committed;
· Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
· Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
· Seeks out feedback and development opportunities;
· Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
· Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
· Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
· Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients.
We are currently looking for a qualified accountants at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Edinburgh.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent)
• Significant audit experience in Financial Services sector
• Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.